Highlights of Changes from 2019
- Due to rising local costs, we have increased our registration fees by $15.
- We have VERY LIMITED private and 2-man rooms which will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. We have set aside most of our smaller, 2-man rooms for married couples. ALL PRIVATE AND 2-MAN ROOMS ARE FULL.
- We are offering a Handicraft Workshop again this year that requires an additional $5 supply fee. There are only 30 spots available in this break out option.
- This year, in order to be better stewards of registration fees, we will only be accepting checks. We need to receive your payment within 10 days of your registration to hold your registration.
- There will be a Preretreat session on Friday afternoon. The session is included in the price of registration.
- We are offering a Handicraft Workshop this year that requires an additional $5 supply fee. There are only 30 spots available in this break out option.
- Spouses who are not able to attend the full retreat are invited to join us Saturday afternoon and evening. Please see the information on the Spouses’ Saturday below.
- Everyone lodging with us will have an individual bed but may be in a 2, 3, or 4-person room. Registered spouses will have their own room. Private rooms are available for an additional fee of $82. Please note, we have VERY LIMITED private and 2-man rooms which will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Most of our smaller, 2-man rooms have been set aside for married couples. ALL PRIVATE AND 2-MAN ROOMS ARE FULL.
- We have additional space for commuters.
- Nursing babies and nursing toddlers are welcome. Out of consideration to others, we ask that you step out of the room with a crying baby. In addition, we ask you have someone on site to help you with your toddlers. Toddlers will not be allowed to attend the sessions.
- Registration is only open to adults. While we will have teen volunteers on site, we do not have the capacity for the general registration of teens. The Hideaway is still planning an expansion which will hopefully allow us to readdress this in the future.
- We can accept cancellations with a $25 cancellation fee. See our policies on refunds below.
There will be a modest table of used, living books, as well as other items such as picture studies and picture study aids. They will mostly range in price from $3 to $6 with a few items being more. We will only be able to accept cash or check.
Types of Sessions
- Plenary: a meeting at which all the attendants of the retreat gather together to hear the speaker.
- Break Outs: multiple meetings occurring at the same time from which only one can be chosen to attend.
- Immersion: a larger portion of the session will be spent modeling a lesson–actually doing what we would be doing in our homes or with a group. It will be “real time.”
- Workshop: though it may include a short example of modeling, the format will follow a more traditional lecture style with the possibilities of group discussion and short activities.
The session is included in the price of registration, and its description is listed with the Plenaries.
We are inviting spouses who are unable to join us for the full retreat to join us Saturday afternoon and evening. Spouses are welcome to arrive any time after lunch, and their registration will include Sessions II, III, Dinner, Plenary III, and our Saturday evening activity.
All registrations include six meals: Friday dinner through Sunday lunch.
If your spouse is also registering for the full retreat, there is no additional cost for a private room.
- Registration with Lodging: $304
- Private Room: $86 ALL PRIVATE AND 2-MAN ROOMS ARE FULL.
- Registration with Lodging, Spouse: $264 ALL PRIVATE AND 2-MAN ROOMS ARE FULL.
- Registration Commuter: $254
- Registration Commuter, Spouse: $214
- Spouse’s Saturday: $50
- Handicraft Immersion: $5 FULL
This year, in order to be better stewards of registration fees, we will only be accepting checks. Your payment must be received within 10 days of your registration to hold your registration.
Retreat payments are refundable minus a $25 cancellation fee. All cancellations must be received in writing by Dec 31, 2019. If we have a waiting list, we will be able to accept cancellations past this date. You may contact us to cancel or notify us of any changes.
There are no refunds due to bad weather unless state or interstate highways between the point of origin for a guest and The Hideaway have been officially closed by the state patrol.
Please, contact us with any questions.