- We are offering a Brush Drawing Workshop this year that requires an additional $5 supply fee. There are only 45 spots available in this break out option.
- We are also offering a Handicraft Workshop that requires an additional $3 supply fee. This break out option only has 20 spots available. THIS SESSION IS FULL.
- There will be a Preretreat session on Friday afternoon. The session is included in the price of registration.
- Spouses who are not able to attend the full retreat are invited to join us Saturday afternoon and evening. Please see the information on the Spouses’ Saturday below.
- Everyone lodging with us will have an individual bed but may be in a 2, 3, or 4-person room. Registered spouses will have their own room. Private rooms are available for an additional fee of $82.
- We have additional space for commuters.
- Nursing babies and nursing toddlers are welcome. Out of consideration to others, we ask that you step out of the room with a crying baby. In addition, we ask you have someone on site to help you with your toddlers. Toddlers will not be allowed to attend the sessions.
- Registration is only open to adults. While we will have teen-volunteers on site, we do not have the capacity for the general registration of teens. The Hideaway is planning an expansion which will hopefully allow us to readdress this in the future.
- We can accept cancellations with a $25 cancellation fee. See our policies on refunds below.
There will be a modest table of used, living books. They will mostly range in price from $3 to $6 with a few books being more. We will only be able to accept cash or check.
Types of Sessions
- Plenary: a meeting at which all the attendants of the retreat gather together to hear the speaker.
- Break Outs: multiple meetings occurring at the same time from which only one can be chosen to attend.
- Immersion: a larger portion of the session will be spent modeling a lesson–actually doing what we would be doing in our homes or with a group. It will be “real time.”
- Workshop: though it may include a short example of modeling, the format will follow a more traditional lecture style with the possibilities of group discussion and short activities.
Are you wondering what a Charlotte Mason Education might actually look like? Come spend a morning with a Charlotte Mason family (or rather a morning which has been compacted into 1.5 hours). The session is included in the price of registration, and its description is listed with the Plenaries.
We are inviting spouses who are unable to join us for the full retreat to join us Saturday afternoon and evening. Spouses are welcome to arrive any time after lunch, and their registration will include Sessions II, III, Dinner, Plenary III, and our Saturday evening activity.
All registrations include six meals: Friday dinner through Sunday lunch.
If your spouse is also registering for the full retreat, there is no additional cost for a private room.
Early Bird Registration closes December 15th. After that, registration will increase by $40.
Early Bird Registration Costs
- Registration with Lodging: $249
- Private Room: $82
- Registration with Lodging, Spouse: $209
- Registration Commuter: $199
- Registration Commuter, Spouse: $159
- Spouse’s Saturday: $50
- Brush Drawing Workshop: $5 (limited spots)
- Handicraft Workshop: $3 (THIS SESSION IS FULL.)
- You will have two options to pay for the retreat:
- Paypal: You may pay for the retreat using Paypal. Paypal registration closes February 2, 2019.
- By Check: You may mail in a check. You will be contacted with mailing instructions after you submit your registration. By Check registration closes January 19, 2019.
Retreat payments are refundable minus a $25 cancellation fee. All cancellations must be received in writing by Dec 31, 2018. If we have a waiting list, we will be able to accept cancellations past this date. You may use the contact form to cancel or notify us of any changes.
There are no refunds due to bad weather unless state or interstate highways between the point of origin for a guest and The Hideaway have been officially closed by the state patrol.
Please, contact us with any questions.